Climate Change Commentary
Dr. Heinz Lycklama analyzed the controversial issue of Global Warming in 2009 as an independent scientist. As a result he produced a detailed Analysis Report that was distributed to a number of climate scientists (including prominent members of the UN IPCC Committee) and other interested parties. His conclusions and recommendations can be found here. This report on “An Independent Analysis of Global Warming” has been updated a number of times over the last few years and includes more than 120 technical references.
Some Key Findings as reported in a recent Letter to the Editor on August 27, 2015.
The UN IPCC has produced five major reports over the last 20 years or so. Their conclusions and recommendations have been very controversial. Based on his Analysis Report, more than 120 technical articles listed as references in the Analysis Report, and recent articles referenced below, Dr. Lycklama provides some of his key findings here:
- The UN IPCC charter limited the committee to identifying only human causes of Global Warming.
- https://www.ipcc.ch/pdf/ipcc-principles/ipcc-principles.pdf – see paragraph #2 “understanding the scientific basis of risk of human-induced climate change“
- http://www.ipcc-wg2.gov/ – see this “the understanding of human induced climate change” in first paragraph of UN IPCC WG2 home page.
- http://objectivescience.net/intergovernmental-panel-on-climate-change-ipcc-is-not-a-scientific-organization-but-a-political-lobbying-group/ – note the emphasis here “the scientific basis of risk of human-induced climate change, its potential impacts and options for adaptation and mitigation. The IPCC’s focus is therefore very specific – any human influence on climate. It has no mandate to examine other causes of climate change.”
- CO2 makes up an insignificant 0.04 % of the Earth’s greenhouse gases.
- http://www.heinzlycklama.com/gw/Easterbrook/WAStateSenatePPT-032613.pdf – see slide #32 in this presentation by Dr. Don Easterbrook , Professor of Geology at Western Washington University, and a specialist in global climate change with with 50 years of research.
- Water vapor is a much greater part of the earth’s atmosphere.
- http://www.heinzlycklama.com/gw/Easterbrook/WAStateSenatePPT-032613.pdf – see slide #32 in the presentation by Dr. Don Easterbrook.
- CO2 is required for life; it is not a pollutant.
- http://infowars.net/articles/november2008/261108CO2.htm – In the article we quote “Carbon Dioxide (CO2) is not pollution and Global Warming has nothing to do with pollution.” CO2 is not a pollutant. In simple terms, CO2 is plant food. The green world we see around us would disappear if not for atmospheric CO2.
- Solar activity has been shown to be the most significant determinant of climate change.
- Average Earth temperature was much warmer during the medieval age, without any fossil fuels burning.
- We have been coming our of a little “Ice Age” over the last few hundred years, and should expect some warming.
- More than 31,000 people (9,000 with doctorates, including myself) have signed a petition that “there is no convincing scientific evidence that human release of . . . carbon dioxide, methane, or other greenhouse gases is causing or will, in the foreseeable future, cause catastrophic heating of the earth’s atmosphere and disruption of the earth’s climate.”
Exchange of Letters To The Editor, Everett Herald in Everett, WA in August 2015
The Everett Herald published a letter to the editor from Gena DiLabio of Mt. Vernon, WA on Monday, August 24th, 2015. It can be found here. The same newspaper published my response to DiLabio’s letter on Thursday, August 27th, 2015. The version with two unapproved URL Links added by Opinion Editor can be found here. The two URL links added by the Opinion Editor without my permission have been removed and that version can be found here. More versions of Letters to the Editors can be found here:
- Copy of DiLabio Letter published on August 24th, 2015
- Copy of Lycklama Letter published August 27th, 2015 [with two unapproved URL Links added by Opinion Editor]
- Lycklama Letter with two Opinion Editor Links removed
- Lycklama Letter with four Links added by Lycklama
Some Independent Climate Change Organizations
A number of independent Climate Change groups have now been formed and performed other more detailed analyses of the Global Warming issue and are constantly monitoring commentary on the issue. Here are some of them:
- CFACT – Committee For A Constructive Tomorrow (CFACT) was founded to prom ote a positive voice on environment and development issues.
- Climate Depot – news and information service by CFACT.
- Energy Depot – another project of CFACT.
- SEPP – Science & Environmental Policy Project. Addresses key issues for the NIPCC and provides scientific critique of IPCC.
- Dr. John Christy, Director of ESSC – UAH’s Earth System Science Center (ESSC) was created to encourage interdisciplinary study of the Earth as an integrated system across traditional boundaries.
- Dr. Roy Spencer, Blog by Dr. Spencer, climate scientist, former NASA scientist.
- http://www.co2science.org/, The Center for the Study of Carbon Dioxide and Global Change was created to disseminate factual reports and sound commentary on new developments in the world-wide scientific quest to determine the climatic and biological consequences of the ongoing rise in the air’s CO2 content.
- http://wattsupwiththat.com/, News and commentary on puzzling things in life, nature, science, weather, climate change, technology, and recent news by Anthony Watts.
- http://www.climate-skeptic.com/, Warren Meyer’s Climate Skeptic website. Provides data and information about AGW for the layperson.