The UN IPCC Climate Summit is being held in Bonn, Germany Nov. 6-17, 2017. More and more scientists are seeing the problems with the Global Warming alarmism being promoted by the UN IPCC. Here is a sampling of the information being highlighted by skeptics at this meeting:
- The sun is the primary contributor to Global Warming (GW) – http://www.climatedepot.com/2017/11/09/israeli-astrophysicist-rejects-un-ipcc-finds-the-sun-completely-overturns-the-way-we-should-see-global-warming/?mc_cid=0d2655acfa&mc_eid=2b478e70c9
- Ten minute summary of the climate debate at the Cambridge Union on the main problems with the standard alarmist polemic – http://www.sciencebits.com/cambridge_union_debate
- Talks being given by well qualified and prominent skeptics at the UN IPCC conference in Germany explaining why GW alarmism is not based on good scientific research – http://www.cfact.org/2017/11/09/cfact-co-sponsors-climate-and-energy-conference-with-eike/
- Skeptics toast U.S. exit from Paris Climate Pact – http://www.climatedepot.com/2017/11/10/cheers-skeptics-toast-u-s-exit-from-paris-pact-at-un-climate-summit-in-germany/?mc_cid=0d2655acfa&mc_eid=2b478e70c9
Climate scientists have identified four possible causes of Global Warming in their research over the last few decades:
- Increased CO2 in the earth’s atmosphere
- Sunspots by themselves
- Galatial Cosmic Radiation (GCR) [Total Solar Irradiation]
- Pacific Decadal Oscillation (PDO)
As a result of their investigations they have come to the following conclusions: [One of many technical reference articles is provided in support of each conclusion here; copious other technical references are provided on the websites referred to in this article/post.]
- There is not enough CO2 in the earth’s atmosphere to account for the GW being measured. In addition, humans contribute only about 3% of the CO2 in the earth’s atmosphere. e.g. http://www.geocraft.com/WVFossils/greenhouse_data.html
- Sunspots alone cannot account for the GW being measured. However, solar activity is the primary contributor to GW and is the basis of #3 and #4. e.g. http://notrickszone.com/2017/11/09/new-paper-most-modern-warming-including-for-recent-decades-is-due-to-solar-forcing-not-co2/#sthash.0BfXjrA7.sG6vdhQW.dpbs
- Ionization in the atmosphere is governed by solar activity causing changes in the cloud cover that can account for increased GW. Henrik Svensmark has proposed a new theory of Climate Change referred to as Galactic Cosmic Radiation by Dr. Larry Vardiman (Climate Scientist), in this article in http://www.icr.org/article/new-theory-climate-change/
- Ionization in the atmosphere is governed by solar activity causing changes in the cloud cover that can account for increased GW. GW is a natural response to cloud changes associated with the Pacific Decadal Oscillation (PDO), e.g. http://www.drroyspencer.com/research-articles/global-warming-as-a-natural-response/
As documented in my article on Refuting Global Warming Alarmism (with copious technical references):
- Scientists have determined that some increase in CO2 in the atmosphere is beneficial – results in increased plant growth and more abundant food production.
- Warming of the atmosphere is also a benefit to man’s general health.
- GW is largely due to natural causes, not human causes. [Evidence for GW is not evidence for GW caused by humans.]
- It was warmer in the medieval period than it is today.
- Gore’s predictions of the dire results of GW over the last 20 years or so have all been shown to be false.
- The average temperature measurements over the last few decades are significantly lower than predicted by the UN IPCC climate models.
- The so-called “97% consensus” of scientists has been shown to be bogus.
- The UN IPCC Charter limits it to identifying only human causes of GW (only #1 above could possibly be human caused). Natural causes of GW (#2, #3, #4 above) did not get a lot attention by the UN IPCC.
- The UN IPCC officials admit that its real agenda is to redistribute wealth.
A few related articles on GW can be found here:
The arguments that you have seen from me over the last few years are largely in agreement with what the skeptics have to say. My latest correspondence on the topic of GW alarmism can be found here:
- Refuting Global Alarmism [Many technical articles in support of my arguments are provided; more coming] – http://www.heinzlycklama.com/refutinggwa/
- A recent lecture on What About Global Warming given on June 3, 2017 can be found here [along with Powerpoint slides]: http://www.apologeticsforum.org/event/what-about-global-warming-dr-heinz-lycklama-2/